Thursday, November 1, 2012

Bye Buddy, Hope You Find Your Dad!

For Halloween last year, Chris and I went as Mario and Princess Peach. I sewed Chris's overalls based on a pair of pants he has that are too big for him, and prayed for the best. He. Looked. Awesome. I am so sad now that I don't have a SINGLE picture from that night. :-( What was I thinking?!

This year, I was not even going to dress up. We moved into a new ward the same weekend most wards have their Halloween parties. We have no children to trick-or-treat with. Chris and I gave up raving parties weeks ago. (That was a joke.)

On Monday, I was asked to work in the office to train new employees this week. OtterBox takes dressing up very seriously, so I was not about to try ducking out of the biggest dress up day of the year.

Problem: I found out I needed a costume on Monday. Halloween was Wednesday. I have a track record of not going in a typical costume.

Chris and I went that night to gather supplies for our costumes (I would never exclude my hubs from the fun!) at Arc, Kohl's, and JoAnne's.

Long story short: I started on my costume the next morning, but didn't have much time (or motivation), didn't have much time that night, and again, not much time the next morning.

Between 3 short periods of measuring, cutting, pinning, and sewing, I completed our costumes.

Chris's costume is a graduation robe. My skirt had a tail on it. If you don't know what movie this is from, come out of your lonely box, and watch Elf. You will thank me.

(I can't add a video from my phone, so follow this link, and cry laughing: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OQ1a9LhkIoQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOQ1a9LhkIoQ)

No comments:

Post a Comment